Minimum Viable Product: Cardboard Building Blocks

Video:

Screenshots:
Point the headset anywhere to build blocks at that location. 
After protecting the player from a projectile, the score increases


If the player gets hit, you can not longer build blocks, and red particles flicker on the screen.

You can shoot your blocks anywhere on the wall(s).

Update from Jonathan:
  My previous primary role for this game was to program and script the UI Text, the Projectile, and the score/timer/level counters associated with those objects.
  For this product, I took the room assets and inserted it into our scene, and scaled it to look realistic to the player. I changed some size/time settings on the particle effects, inserted them into the Resources folder as Prefabs, and called them from the script. Now when the player gets hit, or if the player was saved, the appropriate green/red particle effect will appear, and the associated sound effect will also be called (I created audioSources for those audio assets that Nick found).
  I then went ahead and found CC0 Background Techno music which I felt fit the theme. Put it on its own AudioSource on loop and autoplay and left it in the scene. Additionally, i also created an audioSource for the countdown timer and inserted in the code so as the projectiles are being launched, the beeping will initiate.
  I reinserted the block object to the cube (so it now has the textured asset that Nick found). Matt created a variable that is used to turn off the blockBuilding script. I accessed it from my gameOver function, so now when the player gets hit, they can no longer build.



Comments

  1. Matthew's Update:
    My role has been scripter/programmer and I have also helped out with level design and level adjustments.

    For this product I adjusted how close a player could place a block near to themselves as to avoid obstructing the view of the player from the gameplay. In the same script I also added a variable for Johnathan to manipulate from his scripts. This variable controlled if blocks were placed or not and was manipulated by a game over condition.

    I changed the prefab of the blocks to a "Space_box" prefab and made adjustments such as scaling it. After Johnathan added the room asset to the scene and scaled it down, I went in and took out the stretched doors and covered a grey area in the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick's Update:
    My role has been the world builder. I have found the assets we have used other than the background music. I also worked on the basic particle system that I will go more in depth with to make it better. I will be working to make sure that the assets we use work well on a mobile environment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

05/05/20 UPDATES After Playtestings:

First Testing (Functional) Build